Motto

Motto

Sunday, April 26, 2015

DIY- CDE Training Day



For my DIY, I am planning a CDE workshop at the Elk Country Visitor Center as a practice for chapters throughout the state before Fall CDE's. During my time at the Elk Center, I have coordinated the event and create all advertisements and documents for the event. The benefit for me as a student teacher is gaining a better understanding of CDE's.

In order to host this event, I needed to learn more about individual CDE's in order to make the workshops meaningful to students. There are 3 CDE's that can be best served by the Elk Center property: Forestry, Aquatics Resources, and Wildlife. There is the potential for this to become an annual event. If possible I would love to partner with the Teach Ag Society to help run each of the CDE's alongside the staff at the ECVC. 

A far as evidence that I will be submitting the informational flyer and registration forms. The CDE Training Day in Elk Country is planned for Sept. 11th, 2015.  The cost per student is $15 while advisors and chaperones are free.  Each person will receive an event T-Shirt, and a bag lunch will be provided. An information flyer will be mailed to PA Schools with Ag programs mid-May. Registration forms are due on August 31st.

No comments:

Post a Comment