Motto

Motto

Wednesday, December 3, 2014

Micro Teaching

I completed my Micro Teaching experience at East Juniata HS under the supervision of Cortney Booher. I taught her 2nd period, Agriculture Education class. After some discussion with Mrs. Booher, we decide that I would teach a 3 day micro-unit on dairy cattle. Day one focused on learning about the breeds of dairy cattle in the U.S. I tasked the students with creating a promotion for their breed and convince me that their breed is superior to other breeds. I was expecting students to be engaged and excited about the project, however, they were not. I had a real struggle keeping them engaged. On the second day I did hands on activities, we made butter from heavy whipping cream, and we "painted" with milk, food coloring and dish soap. We talked about butterfat content of the breeds and talked about non-food products that we use everyday that contain dairy in them. On day 3 we talked about dairy judging and briefly went over the scorecard. I had to rush through the judging exercise because we were running short on time. I think if I were to do this in the future I would try to cover dairy judging over a 3 day lesson.

No comments:

Post a Comment