Motto

Motto

Wednesday, January 14, 2015

Mid-Winter Convention / PA Farm Show

First day of student teaching involved taking 32 students to my very first mid-winter convention! I was pretty nervous being responsible for 32 students when I knew 3 of their names and only recognized 2 of them! Thankfully I attended with veteran teachers who knew these kids! I was a little shocked with how everything worked out. One of the coolest experiences was being out on the floor looking around the arena as it was filling up. After the students were situated, I joined the rest of the students in the bleachers (of course they wanted to sit as high above the crowd as they could, but it made for an awesome view!) I think the most inspiring part of the ceremony was watching all of those students put on their very first FFA jacket. To be honest, I would be lying if I also wasn't a little jealous, knowing that I will never have that experience saddens me a little, but watching all of those students take advantage of an opportunity that I never had lifts my spirits right back up again!






1 comment:

  1. I am glad you had a great experience Toby. In the future, I would recommend adding captions to your pictures to help tell the story.

    DF

    ReplyDelete