Motto

Motto

Saturday, January 31, 2015

Week 3: Time to Get Real

This week was a pretty rough one for me. I have been struggling a little bit to keep up with my classes and work ahead. During my first observation on Wednesday, I was only "getting through" my lessons. I wasn't making them my own or making them super engaging. After a long talk with my University Supervisor and Cooperating Teacher, I fully realized that I need to step up my game. I have been extremely lucky with my students and they have been rolling with the punches and I have had zero discipline problems with them. So for the rest of the week I focused on making better lessons for the upcoming days. I realized that no matter what my future has in store for me, I need to do what is best for my students right now. They deserve the best teacher they could have, and I intend to deliver! Next week my students are excited to participate in debates and mock conferences, and I am excited to revamp our next units!

2 comments:

  1. Toby, glad to hear you are having a shift in your mindset! We all know you are going to really rock out the next couple weeks!

    I am going to continue to push you in your blog reflections. This is a bit short for a reflection. Make sure you discuss the WHY behind the topics you present in your reflection. You may find it will help you dig deeper and be more reflective.

    LR

    ReplyDelete
  2. I appreciate you recognizing the need to up the game! I would enjoy seeing some pictures and perhaps more depth of what lies ahead in your blog posts!

    ReplyDelete