Motto

Motto

Sunday, March 1, 2015

ACES

I consider my first ACES conference a success! I had a great time bonding with my students and learning all I could from the other advisors. My students seemed to gain a lot of new skills after I spoke with them about the conference. Of course everyone enjoyed the dance and social event but they also thought the workshops were valuable and engaging. ACES really gave my officers a chance to bond and patch up some of the drama that as been going on between the team. I was really glad to see some spirit in the team and listen to their ideas for some new chapter events! I think things are looking up for our next event, the Wild Game Dinner. We are planning on trying some new things to give the event some new engagement and insight to FFA!

Personally I had a great time at the professional development workshops. Even though I have already used the "Tragedy of the Commons" activity with my students, I learned a new way to do it and even got some new materials to make the activity flow better. During my time at ACES I really evaluated myself as an educator and a person. I thought a lot about what it is that I want to do once I graduate some days I still am on the fence about whether or not I want to teach. I think that I have ultimately decided that I might not teach right after graduation, but maybe a few years down the road, if the right program has an opening, I might just apply. Who knows where my journey will take me, or when the bus might pick me up, but what I do know is that all I can do now is learn as much as I can and make the best out of the experience I am being offered!

Below are some photos of our time at ACES:




1 comment:

  1. Glad you had a good time!

    and It is great to have choices!

    Df

    ReplyDelete