Motto

Motto

Monday, March 30, 2015

Week 11: A Smooth Transition

This week was my first week as a student teacher located at the Elk Country Visitor Center. It was a breath of fresh air being back in the familiar setting in elk country! However, as welcoming as it all is, it certainly is challenging! My first week back has been full of meetings and event planning. I was able to conduct a Distance Learning Session with Mill Hall Elementary 4th Grade class on Wednesday. This was the moment when I realized I was in the right place, I was myself, I was confident, and I had fun! One of the thing I really struggled with while teaching at Twin Valley was enjoying my lessons. Don't get me wrong, we had fun classes and I loved the kids, and Mrs.Weaver, but I never really enjoyed what I was teaching. The fact is however, I didn't realize it until I was no longer teaching at Twin Valley. I only realized after it was too late.

My time in elk country has already been filled with natures beauty. This week while I was working on some of my programming, Rawley Cogan (the CEO) came over to my desk and said, "You have to see this!" I followed him over to the window, and just on the other side of the glass, a herd of approximately 50 elk casually walked by on the way to the forage plot. After being away for so long I almost forgot just how majestic these creatures are. It has been truly amazing being back in the heart of elk country, and I no longer question where I belong. I know that I made the right choice to create a unique experience for myself, and am very thankful for all the support everyone has given me.



No comments:

Post a Comment