Motto

Motto

Thursday, September 18, 2014

RTL Reflection

I had the opportunity to watch myself teach. The lesson was one I was not familiar with at all but found somewhat interesting. I taught the lab about the different parts of an arrow head. I think I did fairly well starting out. As the lesson when on I found myself saying "ok" and "alright" quite a few times. I need to work on a better check for understanding. I had the students following along while drawing and labeling the parts of an arrowhead while I drew them in different colors on the white board. Because of me drawing on the white board, I had my back to the students for too much of the time. Looking back I think I could have drawn the arrowhead at the beginning of class and had the students copy it down and go through with them after it was drawn out to place the labels. I gave an assessment at the end of the lesson to see how well they did, and I think all of the students got over a 90%. The assessment was a drawing of the arrowhead without labels, students were responsible for remember the parts and labeling the proper parts. Overall I think I did well, and I look forward to being able to reflect on myself by watching the recorded lessons in order to improve my teaching style.

No comments:

Post a Comment