Motto

Motto

Saturday, September 6, 2014

Weekly Writing #2

Whew! What a week! There were so many great things I got to read! One of my favorites was looking over the UDL (Universal Design for Learning) website. I became engulfed in the content of the webpage learning about how I can better my lessons and instruction for a better student experience. UDL principles include, multiple means of representation, multiple means of action and expression, and multiple means of engagement. Now you may be thinking, "WHAT?!" To me all those words come down to one thing. Variability, one of the original principle of teaching laid out by Rosenshine & Furst. Variability involve change and improvement, not doing the "same ol', same old", and thinking "outside the box". I am excited about this because I think variability is one of my strengths in teaching, and that means I am doing something right!

1 comment: