Motto

Motto

Saturday, September 13, 2014

Weekly Writing #3

This weeks reading is all about having an interest approach in order to grab the student's attention and bring them into the lesson. The reading also discusses phases of interest approach including planning and utilizing a variety of techniques as well as closure and connection to the lesson. An interest approach cannot simply be a way for the students to have fun at the beginning of class, it needs to be an avenue where students can begin to think about the content to be taught and think on a deeper level, and connect it to a bigger picture. I certainly think that some lessons will be easier for me to deliver the "hook" mentioned in my summer reading "Teach Like a Pirate" by David Burgess.
It will be easier for me to come up with ideas and methods for lessons that I am personally excited about and connected to. Some lessons that I may be less familiar with will present a challenge. Part of my game plan is to connect with my fellow cohort members who may be interested in subjects that I am not as excited about and see what type of ideas they might have to get students involved and excited about the content. One thing I do want in all of my lessons is an effective interest approach and sound objectives.

No comments:

Post a Comment