Motto

Motto

Thursday, September 4, 2014

Supervised Agriculture Experience Visitation

My cooperating center, Twin Valley High School does not currently have an Supervised Agriculture Experience (SAE) Visitation Process in place. During my time at Twin Valley, Ms. Weaver and myself plan to implement SAE visits into our instruction. Since that is the case, with the approval of Dr. Ewing, I chose to visit with Coudersport HS Ag Teacher, Mrs. Kellogg and some of her students at the Potter Co. Fair on July 30th  for an SAE visit. The main subject I attended was the pig show.


 I went with Mrs. Kellogg as she visited each of her students that had a pig project at the show. Before the show started she made sure they were in official FFA dress and had all of the materials they needed for the show. She also quizzed them on topics the Pig Judge was likely to ask about in the show ring. Once the show began I was in charge of book keeping for the Fair, FFA & 4-H records. I was able to have the best seat in the house to view the show right up on stage. I even got to announce a few classes while Mrs. Kellogg went to make sure her students were preparing outside the show ring when a class was almost over.

No comments:

Post a Comment